We are proud to announce that this month Bickham House has again been awarded ‘Green’ by Trafford’s Infection Control Nurse.
The annual inspection covers the home itself, our documentation and staff training. We take our infection control measures very seriously so the management and staff are delighted that our cleaning and housekeeping were deemed to be of a high standard for yet another year.
Later in the day, staff at Bickham received a 2 hour training course covering additional environmental measures that can be taken including; care, cleaning, kitchen and management staff. Training courses are compliant with heath and safety guidelines and designed to help us meet and exceed the standards expected by the Care Quality Commission.
The course content includes:
- Definition of Infection Control
- How individuals become infected through the chain of infection
- Different types of germs and infection
- Health Care Associated Infections
- The importance of infection control and the management
- How to wash hands effectively and appropriately
- Personal protective equipment
- Prevention of infection
- The importance of policy and legislation regarding infection control
Through our ongoing infection control methods and additional training we hope to maintain our standard and get the green light again next year.